Attorneys at Marshall Halem help employers address and respond to legal issues concerning their employees. We also develop and help employers implement “best practice” policies and procedures. Some of the specific services we offer are summarized below.
- Defend employers against wage and hour, discrimination, harassment and other complaints filed with administrative agencies.
- Represent employers in lawsuits filed in state and federal courts.
- Advise employers about effective and legal policies, procedures and practices.
- Draft lawful, state-specific, employee handbooks, policies and procedures.
- Prepare contracts with employees and contractors, including confidentiality and non-compete agreements.
- Negotiate and draft executive contracts.
- Direct and/or conduct investigations into alleged illegal or improper behavior.
- Help employers respond to specific employment issues.
- Represent employers at the arbitration or mediation of employment disputes.
- Review and/or draft offer letters, warnings and other communications with employees.
- Draft and negotiate separation agreements.
- Counsel clients facing difficult or sensitive employment issues.
We also offer a Human Resources Audit designed to evaluate and recommend improvements in our clientʼs employment policies, practices and communications. The Audit covers all significant Human Resource issues and provides us with a fundamental understanding of each client’s policies, practices and culture.